To get into the habit of writing more frequently I dug up a blogging challenge I’ve seen floating around on Tumblr. I always thought about doing one but never bothered to go through with it. But we’re going to try this out and see how it goes, this is primarily a knitting blog after all. I’ll post the full list at the bottom of this post incase anyone else wants to follow along.
Day 1: What was your first finished project?
I remember the last crochet project I finished. It was a baby blanket for my cousin. I remember thinking as I was frantically trying to finish the blanket that I wish I knew how to knit and that I should teach myself right now. My mother wisely reminded me to finish one project before taking on an entirely new craft. I finished the project and immediately started watching youtube videos of people knitting.
I’m not entirely sure what my first finished project was but according to Ravelry my first finished project was the Lamar Scarf by Gale Zucker. My project page says I finished it in May 2012 and it took several months to complete. There is of course no picture of this project but I used the chunkiest grossest fake wool. I believe it was barely long enough to be functional but I was super impressed with myself because it was cabled and reversible. At one point I had intended on undoing the cast off and making it longer but I just never got around to it. The sad creature is probably sitting in my parent’s basement waiting to be thrown out.
- What was your first finished project?
- What is currently on your needles?
- Do you have any other WIPs (works in progress)?
- How did you learn how to knit?
- How long did it take from the time your learned how to knit, to finish your first project?
- What is your favorite piece that you’ve knit?
- Your least favorite?
- What’s your most challenging project?
- What fiber or yarn do you love working with?
- Do you have a favorite pattern or designer?
- Do you have a “Knitter Hero” or someone that is just way too awesome for their own good? Do share!
- Where do you keep your stash? Post pictures!
- Do you have yarn that you love but can’t find a project for?
- What’s the worst yarn/fiber that you’ve worked with and why?
- What was your least favorite pattern and why?
- Have you ever had a knitting related injury?
- Have you ever had a project that you loved become ruined? What’s the story behind it?
- Do you knit English or Continental?
- Do you watch movies and/or listen to podcasts while knitting? What are your favorite things to knit to?
- Do you knit in public? Was anyone offended/incredibly happy/curious that you were doing so?
- Do you knit gifts for friends and family for the holidays or birthdays?
- Have you ever stricken someone off your to-knit-for list because they didn’t appreciate/take care of your last knitted gift to them?
- If you had the supplies (and patience) for it, what project would you start today?
- Have you ever made your own pattern or dyed your own yarn? How did it turn out?
- Do you have a knitting book or a place where you keep patterns, ideas, size measurements? Post a picture of it!
- Have you ever been a part, or wanted to be a part of a knit-a-long? What was it? If not, why?
- How do you acquire most of yarn? Online retailers, local yarn shops, swaps, or large chain craft stores? What’s your favorite?
- Do you do any other crafts besides knitting? What are they, and did learning to knit come before or after learning these other crafts?
- Do you have any tips, or things that you’ve learned from knitting?
- What’s your name on Ravelry? If you don’t have a Ravelry account, why?